According to The National Archives’ Digital Strategy, digital technologies
are one of the biggest challenges for archives, because of the changing
nature of both the record and record-keeping practices. Digital is
profoundly shaping what types of records are created and captured, and
transforming how records are accessed and used. At the same time, the
potential for applying computational methods and tools within archives and,
more fundamentally, for integrating ‘computational thinking’ and ‘archival
thinking’, has led some researchers to identify *c*omputational archival
science as a new field of study.

http://bit.ly/2D0b8J2
http://bit.ly/2D0b8J2+

--