according to UNC Greensboro Archivist Erin Lawrimore, it’s an inaccurate image – and one that discounts the work of women.

Many beer aficionados are unaware of the historic and present-day roles of women in brewing, says Lawrimore. From medieval alewives to 19th-century home brewers to today’s brewery owners, women have always had their hand in beer making.

“Until the brewing industry was industrialized after Prohibition, women brewers were plentiful,” Lawrimore says. “Brewing was considered ‘women’s work.’”

http://bit.ly/2CWO6CP
http://bit.ly/2CWO6CP+

--
Peterk