Dear colleagues,

The following vacancy is currently being advertised at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust:

Collections Assistant (full-time, permanent)

The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to assist the collections team with the care and documentation of the museum collections and to help provide access to the wider collections in the Reading Room.

You will assist with all aspects of collections management including preventative conservation, environmental monitoring, packing and moving objects, cataloguing, and labelling and marking. This role will also involve working in the Reading Room supporting our many readers, and also with the teams at the five Shakespeare family homes and with volunteers.

 You will have experience of working with museum, library or archive collections, and well developed IT skills. A proven interest in museum work and an enthusiasm for history are essential. A methodical approach to your work and the ability to pay close attention to detail are both desirable characteristics.  You will be willing to learn and undertake any training required.  We are looking for someone who is educated to A Level standard; a degree in a relevant subject is desirable. This is a full-time role (35 hours per week), however you must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends when required.

We are looking forward to hearing from potential applicants – please keep personal/supporting statements brief and to the point (around 500-750 words).

If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Rosalyn Sklar or Paul Taylor on 01789 204016.

The closing date for applications is Friday 16th November 2018.

Interviews will take place on Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th December 2018.

For further details on this post and how to apply, please see our website here:
https://jobs.shakespeare.org.uk/vacancy/collections-assistant-368514.html

Kind regards,
--

Amy Hurst
Collections Archivist

(Part-time hours:- Mon-Thurs, 9am-2:30pm)

The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
Henley Street
Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6QW

01789 338 482
Visit our website at
www.shakespeare.org.uk

Visit our website at www.shakespeare.org.uk

 SBT_Logo_Institutional JPG.jpg

Registered Charity No. 209302

Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the above named recipients only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error please take no action based on them, nor copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error and delete the message from your system. Thank you.

Copyright and all intellectual property rights in this email and any attachments created by or on behalf of us remains with us.

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to