Due to the success of our previous 'Crowdsourcing Conservation' events, we are hosting several more sessions over the next six months at the Centre for Research Collections, University of Edinburgh. You can read about our previous crowdsourcing days here: https://bit.ly/2y5VKWc

This time, we will focus on the Thomas Nelson collection, a large archive from the British publishing firm comprising of approximately 80 linear metres of archival material in 900 boxes or volumes. During these sessions, we will focus on loose papers sheets mainly consisting of correspondence and marketing records.

The collection is currently stored in unsuitable boxes with no internal protection, resulting in creasing, tearing and the accumulation of surface dirt. Metal fasteners used to secure the papers have rusted, making the collection difficult to handle, and at risk of further damage every time it is accessed. To solve this problem, we aim to rehouse the collection in acid-free folders and boxes.

Each day will consist of a training session in the morning, followed by practical work. Good quality complimentary refreshments and catering will be provided throughout the day to encourage networking during break times.

This is a great opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career in the heritage sector to get some hands on experience with special collections.

Places are limited to 15 participants per day. Booking is through Eventbrite: https://bit.ly/2xY5kfe. Booking will close two days before the event to allow us to organise catering.

If you have any questions, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Book now, don't miss out!

Emily Hick | Special Collections Conservator | Centre for Research Collections | Edinburgh University Main Library | 30 George Square | Edinburgh EH8 9LJ | Tel: 0131 6513 768 | Email: [log in to unmask] | URL: www.ed.ac.uk/is/crc<http://www.ed.ac.uk/is/crc>

Follow us:
[wpmini-grey]<http://libraryblogs.is.ed.ac.uk/conservation/>[Facebook1]<https://www.facebook.com/crc.edinburgh/?ref=hl>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/crc_eduni>

Follow me professionally:
[LinkedIn]<http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/emily-hick/51/a83/b85>