Are you looking to get more involved with your local community?

Do you enjoy working with people?

Are you passionate about library and archive material, that has a rich
historical context?

If this sounds like you then Coventry Archives needs you!

We opened in 2008 in our current premises under one roof based within
Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, when the resources of Coventry Record
Office and the local studies collection held at Central Library were
brought together.  We hold a variety of primary and secondary source
material providing insights into the history of the city and its citizens,
from the medieval period to the present day.

Perhaps you’d like to contribute a few hours improving our catalogue
records? Or maybe you’d like to take part in adding metadata to digitised
images within our collection?

We know that your time is precious so we will work with you to make sure
you get the most out of your experience with us. From processing and
listing new archive collections to improving our existing catalogue
records, we will provide you with all the training required.

If you wish to volunteer, then please take a look at the roles and download
an expression of interest form via the website link below

https://www.theherbert.org/about/volunteer.aspx

Alternatively you can drop in a form at Coventry Archives,  based within
Herbert Art Gallery and Museum during our opening hours of Wednesday -
Friday 10.30am-3.30pm.

The deadline is *Friday 26th October 2018*.  We are running a recruitment
day on either *Tuesday 6th or 20th of November 2018.*

Victoria Northridge

Archivist Manager

Coventry Archives