Can I draw your attention to an exciting opportunity to work for a highly rated, Accredited, university archives and special collections in the vibrant city of Nottingham:

Archivist (Collections) (Fixed Term) (£30395 to £39609 per annum pro-rata)

The University of Nottingham is inviting applications for a part-time Archivist (Collections) to work within our Manuscripts and Special Collections team for a 1 year fixed term contract. This role is available due to the current post-holder taking up a secondment assignment working on a cataloguing project.

You will process the acquisition, cataloguing and promotion of archives and manuscripts and the development of online research resources. We will also expect you to support the delivery of public services in the reading room and the teaching and exhibition programme and provide content for the web.

As the successful candidate, you should be educated to degree level and have a postgraduate archive qualification. You should have excellent knowledge of archives and manuscripts; experience of cataloguing a range of archives, experience of archive management systems and excellent palaeography skills.

Our mission is to support the University of Nottingham by acquiring, preserving and developing archives, manuscripts and rare books to enrich and inspire the student experience, teaching, learning and research excellence, and public engagement. This role has a key part in the delivery of this mission.

Manuscripts and Special Collections (MSC) is an Accredited Archive Service and part of the University of Nottingham Libraries, based on the King's Meadow Campus, we also have a dedicated exhibition gallery at Nottingham Lakeside Arts on University Park. MSC preserves and provides public access to the University's rich collection of archives, manuscripts, rare books and local studies materials. It holds nationally designated collections including the papers of leading Nottinghamshire families and their estates, the records of local businesses and organisations, including those of the Archdeaconry of Nottingham. It also includes the papers of political, diplomatic, literary, scientific and academic figures, including D.H. Lawrence; historical records of the University and its predecessor, University College Nottingham and named special collections of published works.

We offer a world of possibility for our passionate staff, where together we all make a difference. Continual investment in a world-class estate both in the UK and Asia delivers award-winning campuses, buildings and facilities which are unrivalled in providing inspiring places and spaces for our staff to research, teach and work.

We are committed to providing competitive employment packages whilst supporting the well-being of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We strive to provide a range of benefits and rewards, including leading fitness and health facilities, staff discounts and travel schemes

To be competitive in your application, you will need to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience against our selection criteria.

This is a fixed-term opportunity and the hours and contract duration may be considered for either:

a)      Full-time (36.25 hrs per week) over a period of 6 months

b)      Part-time (18 hrs per week) over a period of 12 months

The closing date for the role is Friday 16th November and we are expecting interviews to take place Tuesday 4th December.

Please view further details, using the post reference REG253318X1 at: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/

Mark Dorrington

Associate Director and Keeper of Manuscripts and Special Collections

Manuscripts and Special Collections

University of Nottingham Libraries

A75a, King’s Meadow Campus

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

+44 (0) 115 951 4563 | nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections<http://nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections/index.aspx>

+44 (0) 7825 753986

[1519228498491_PastedImage]

Follow us

Twitter.com/mssUniNott<https://twitter.com/mssUniNott>

Blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscripts/<http://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscripts/>

Facebook.com/TheUniofNottingham<http://facebook.com/TheUniofNottingham>

Youtube.com/nottmuniversity<http://youtube.com/nottmuniversity>

Instagram.com/uniofnottingham<http://instagram.com/uniofnottingham>

Linkedin.com/company/university-of-nottingham<http://linkedin.com/company/university-of-nottingham>

[cid:639a76b0-d274-44c1-bb1b-8f1ad0284086]

Download our iBook Parchment Paper and Pixels at www.nottingham.ac.uk/open/ebooksandibooks.aspx<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/open/ebooksandibooks.aspx>

Read our newsletter, Discover at www.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections/newsletter.aspx<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections/newsletter.aspx>

attachment.

where permitted by law.