With so many buildings lost to the Canterbury earthquakes, the documents that tell the story of the region have become even more important.

Yesterday, their new home was opened, nearly eight years after the original Christchurch Archives building was badly damaged in the quakes.

Chief archivist Richard Foy says the fact thousands of historic documents – ranging from handwritten notes to family records and photographs – all have a single destination is a cause for celebration.

http://bit.ly/2yeFwLY
http://bit.ly/2yeFwLY+

--
Peterk