In 1947, when the War of Independence was raging in Jerusalem, a single
shell struck a house on Nablus Road, north of the Old City. It smashed the
entrance door and when the owner of the home, the photographer and Swedish
consul in Jerusalem, Lars (Lewis) Larsson, came home, he found that his
greatest treasure had been looted — his private photo collection.

Other photo collections also later mysteriously disappeared from Jerusalem
— the large collection of brothers Najib and Gamil Albina and that of
photographer Lars Lind, who like Larsson were a member of Jerusalem’s
American colony.

http://bit.ly/2y9PiPg
http://bit.ly/2y9PiPg+

--