The annual British & Irish Sound Archives (BISA) conference will take place this year at the National Library of Wales in beautiful Aberystwyth from 16-17 November.

Online registration is open for this year’s conference. Places are being filled up and are limited! To find details on how to register, see www.bisa-web.org/next-event

Besides a fascinating set of presentations, a tour of the Welsh screen and sound archive, and excellent opportunities to network and meet friends and colleagues from audiovisual institutions, the library is set in a stunning location, overlooking the town of Aberystwyth and Cardigan Bay. And this year we are proud to add a separate full day of training on audio archiving, on Thursday 15 November.

As usual we have kept the BISA registration fees as low as possible, and the National Library of Wales have graciously provided use of their auditorium and other facilities.

Both events can be booked on the same registration form. Registration fees should be paid on arrival at the Library.

BISA formed in 2006 as a forum to celebrate and share knowledge on the care and promotion of sound collections throughout the British Isles. Our annual conference is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about sound heritage to share skills, enthusiasm, special interests and experience. We hope to see you in Wales!

Adam Tovell
Head of Technical Services, Sound & Vision
The British Library

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.