Dear David,

depending on your digestion procedure, you may be confronted to tin
volitization as tin chlorides. We're obtening very good results since
now more than 20 years at C2RMF by using sealed PFA vessels for
digestion in aqua regia. You may be interested by this paper where we
published our analytical protocol, including the digestion procedure :

Bourgarit, D., & Mille, B. (2003). The elemental analysis of ancient
copper-based artefacts by Inductively-Coupled-Plasma
Atomic-Emission-Spectrometry (ICP-AES) : an optimized methodology
reveals some secrets of the Vix Crater. _Measurement Science and
Technology_, _14_, 1538‑1555.
All the best, Benoit

Le 2018-10-03 22:05, Killick, David J - (killick) a écrit :

> We are using a new ICP lab that is more used to analyzing soils than metals, and are getting back numbers that suggest substantial loss of tin (compared to microprobe analyses of the same objects). Can any of you provide a tested protocol for ICP analysis of tin-bearing copper alloys? I've tried searching the Agilent and Perkin Elmer application notes but haven't yet come up with anything useful.

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ARCH-METALS&A=1