Title: Taming Lust: Crimes against nature in the early Republic /

Author: Ben-Atar, Doron S.

Publication Info: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2014

An older source, further afield, and more broad, is this book:

Title The criminal prosecution and capital punishment of animals / by E.P. Evans.

Published Union, N.J. : Lawbook Exchange, 1998.

Originally published: New York : E.P. Dutton, 1906.

Hope this helps.

Richard Whitekettle

Dept of Religion

Calvin College