From: Helge Meinhard <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Launch of Technology Watch working group
Date: 3 September 2018 at 10:05:43 GMT
To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

over the last few months, the idea of creating a working group on
computing technology has been discussed. The idea has met broad support
by the community. We would hence like to propose to kick-off such
a working group.

We propose that the group looks after watching the relevant evolutions,
both in terms of technology and markets, of the computing equipment that
is relevant to us. The group will co-exist and align with existing
activities, most notably the running working groups on benchmarking and
cost modelling.

We suggest that people interested in actively contributing to this
activity have a first meeting via videoconference on

  Monday 24 September at 14:00 h UTC (16:00 h Geneva)

to discuss how to structure the activities, how to organise the
communication within the working group and with other stakeholders,
what the intended result(s) of the group should be etc.

We will create a mailing list for the working group, on which the
meeting will be announced in detail in due time. If you are interested,
please drop us a line and we'll add you to the list. Proposals for
topics to be discussed during the kick-off meeting are also very
welcome.

Best regards,

Bernd Panzer-Steindel and Helge Meinhard

  Helge MEINHARD      CERN, IT Department, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
                      Phone: +41 22 76-76031, Fax: +41 22 76-69935
                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the TB-SUPPORT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=TB-SUPPORT&A=1