BRASILIA: SYMPHONY OF A CAPITAL

Dear friends and colleagues, here is my last film
on architecture
.

In HD:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUYL73Lwjo

In Full HD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZGNHnVzLo8Av5c3hq7sw5CXD7Fdovd4c

I will be honoured if you spare some time to “go to the movies”: the film
is 1 h 11 min 12 sec long. You can watch it on the computer screen, but it
will look much nicer on a large Full HD TV screen.

Segments of my short movie *Desert *(24’56”) have been reworked and
included.

For those who have not come to the Capital, maybe an intriguing
introduction...

And those who did come, perhaps will meet a fresh regard…

Please feel free to pass it on, if you so wish – I’ll be very grateful!

And also to offer me a critical appraisal, of course!

Apologies for cross-posting.

Regards
!

Fred Holanda

____________________

The synopsis:

Brasilia of many faces: dazzling palaces and other exceptional buildings,
and banal products of real estate developers; bucolic "superblocks" of
Lucio Costa’s Pilot Plan and pre-modern charm of a 19th century village;
segregation and homogeneity of social housing estates, and fascinating
architectural and human diversity of a neighborhood in the metropolitan
core; wealth of the mansions, poverty of the shacks, and what is in
between; presence and absence in public places – gardens, sidewalks,
streets, lake waterfront – day and night, on and off weekdays, at work and
at leisure; exceptional events gathering thousands of people in the
monumental spaces. The film is an account of the city that harboured me 46
years ago.

--
Peço acusar recebimento, Obrigado. /  Please acknowledge this message.
Thank

Frederico de Holanda
Cond. Vivendas Colorado 1, mod. J, casa 1
Grande Colorado
73105-907
Brasilia  DF
Brasil