*** Apologies for cross-posting***

The Academic and Research Libraries Group Scotland (ARLGS) committee will be organising a TeachMeet-style half-day event on 20th November 2018 (previously advertised for 25th July 2018). Timings are provisional at this stage but we would expect the event to run from 2pm to 4.30pm. For this event to take shape, we are looking for participants who are willing to share their passion and good practice.

We are seeking applications from volunteers willing to give short, informal presentations during the event, which will be taking place at the University of Glasgow Main Library (G12 8QE). Typically, presentations can be between 5 and 15 minutes, and would be followed by questions from the audience or a discussion. This would allow speakers time to demonstrate good practice they have recently delivered, discuss an innovative idea that improved practice in their library or share personal insights in teaching. We welcome PowerPoint presentations, lightning presentations but also interactive demonstrations of your library innovation. Your idea could be presented in whatever format you choose (depending on equipment or room layout required).

The theme of the presentations should focus upon teaching, training or information skills within libraries.

We’d love to hear from you and welcome your suggestions. Applications will be reviewed by the ARLGS committee and the closing date for your submission is 22nd October 2018. If you are interested in presenting at the event, please sent your proposal (topic, format, material needed if applicable) to the ARLGS events team at: [log in to unmask] Please note that at this stage we are only recruiting speakers, therefore please only get in touch if you are willing to present at the event.

Regards,

Laura Ennis
(on behalf of ARLGS)