Is there someone I could send a condolence mail to? Do you know?
Debby

Sent from mobile

On 17 Sep 2018, at 21:22, Stephen Bender <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

With a very heavy heart I pass on this news about Terry Jeggle's passing. He was a friend and an accomplished researcher and field operator dedicated to protecting populations and bringing the plight of the poor to the attention of the powerful. He will be missed.

Steve Bender

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Laura Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Subject: Very sad news about the wonderful Terry Jeggle
To: Risk and Disaster TIG <[log in to unmask]>

It is with a heavy heart that I write to tell you that our friend, colleague, and fellow TIG member, Terry Jeggle, passed away yesterday at 15:30 in the hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Some of you may know that he had been unwell in recent months.

Please feel free to let other friends and contacts know of this news. Terry had such an expansive network, it will take months to get the word out. He made such an important contribution to each of us personally and to the broader emergency management and DRR community.

Many of us cared very deeply for Terry, as he cared personally and professionally for so many of us in the most generous and collegial manner imaginable. He was the kindest of men.

More details will be forthcoming. Thank you and all the best.

Laura Olson, PhD
Senior Fellow, Virginia Tech Global Forum on Urban & Regional Resilience (GFURR)
Faculty Lecturer, Georgetown University Emergency and Disaster Management Program
Coordinator, Training & Education, Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN), www.cultureanddisaster.org
Consultant, UNDP Climate Change & DRR Cluster
skype: lauralynnolson

--
This is the listserv of the Risk and Disasters Topical Interest Group (TIG) at the Society for Applied Anthropology.
---