Date:    Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:36:19 +0000

From:    Chris Maughan <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: CSA Peasant Bakery in Wales - 2 Day Course (9-10th Oct) and Participatory field trails project (1 year - kick off: 27th Sept)

Grain to Loaf - a two day course (by Torth-y-Tir and Gaia Foundation) - 9th-10th October

This event is for: Bakers (both home and professional), Farmers, Smallholders and anyone interested to learn more about making bread using traditional techniques.

BACKGROUND: We will be welcoming renowned peasant bakers Jean-Marc Albisetti and Nicolas Supiot to guide us through a two day immersion on how to grow the most healthy, ecological, nutritious heritage grain and how to transform those grains into truly artisan breads, baked using natural forces, for the benefit of local communities.

Both Nicolas and Jean-Marc have been baking, growing and milling heritage grains for at least 20 years. Nicolas on his farm in Brittany and Jean-Marc now in Sussex. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience both on the science and craft of their profession.

The event will be hosted by Torth y Tir  and run in partnership with the Gaia Foundation UK and Ireland Seed Sovereignty Programme.

BOOK HERE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/grain-to-loaf-a-two-day-course-tickets-49921099352

Venue

We will be holding this event at the Bug Farm, home to some pioneering work around insect conservation and edible consumption! The Bug Farm is also where Torth y Tir grow our wheat and will be building our bakery in early 2019. https://www.thebugfarm.co.uk/find-us/

Tickets

We are grateful for financial and in kind support from The Gaia Foundation. This enables us to offer subsidised ticket price.

Full two day ticket including food and evening celebration: £90

One day ticket (not including evening celebration): £50

Evening celebration only: £13.50 (includes two course dinner)

If you are able to afford a little more than the ticket price, this will enable us to offer more reduced price tickets for others. The full two day ticket covers the evening celebration, the one day ticket does not.

BOOK HERE: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/grain-to-loaf-a-two-day-course-tickets-49921099352

We do not want to turn anyone away on cost grounds, so please contact us if the ticket price presents a difficulty for you. We have some bursary places available.

For more information see link [https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/grain-to-loaf-a-two-day-course-tickets-49921099352] or email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>07955 387 614 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Accommodation can be provided on October the 8th and 9th at the beautiful http://courthouse.org.uk/ in the heart of St Davids. This will cost an additional £15 per night or £25 for two nights.

Kelvin Mason

Banc y Mor

Blaenplwyf

Aberystwyth SY23 4DW

Tel. 01970 610 185

Mob. 07817 596 285

http://kelvinmason.weebly.com/

I just lost all m’ picnic spirit
(Bob Dylan, Talkin’ Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues)

To unsubscribe from the PYGYWG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=PYGYWG&A=1