*NRICH Hands-On Maths Roadshow Co-ordinator / MMP Schools Liaison

**Salary: £30,395-£39,609**
****
**Closing date: 24 September 2018**
***
The Millennium Mathematics Project (maths.org <https://maths.org>) at
the University of Cambridge has an exciting opportunity for an
exceptional teacher and mathematics communicator, with a passion for
inspiring others and sharing their love of mathematics, to join our
NRICH project team to deliver and further develop our Hands-On Maths
Roadshow and problem-solving workshops for school students.

The Roadshow visits schools to engage school students with maths by
presenting hands-on adaptations of NRICH problem-solving activities, and
promotes the resources developed by NRICH (nrich.maths.org
<https://nrich.maths.org>). The postholder will also help to deliver
problem-solving workshops and activities at MMP events in Cambridge,
including our very popular public and family mathematical events. In
addition to continuing and further developing the successful existing
Roadshow activities, there is exciting potential for developing new
workshop and resource ideas, working with other members of the NRICH team.

The successful applicant will be a graduate in mathematics or a related
subject, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
Substantial teaching experience in UK primary or secondary schools is
essential, and the successful candidate will be able to engage and
inspire audiences across a range of attainment levels and ages. The post
involves considerable and frequent travel throughout the UK, and
occasionally overseas, to work with schools.

This is offered as a full-time post but we would also consider a
part-time appointment (minimum 0.6 FTE).

Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 1 year in the
first instance.

*For full information and details of how to apply, please see
**http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/17914/*

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212