** This list is managed by Dr Evangelos Himonides (UCL), on behalf of the Society for Education and Music Psychology Research (sempre), and aims to serve as a discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. This list was previously managed by the Institute of Musical Research. **

MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

It is our pleasure to announce another event at the Digital and Cognitive Musicology Lab (DCML) in Lausanne: a three-day workshop titled “Voice-leading schemata in theory, corpus research, and practical composition (Compose your own Chopin!)”. The workshop will take place from September 18-20, featuring the following speakers: Uri Rom, Nathan Martin, Felix Diergarten, David Sears, Martin Rohrmeier, Markus Neuwirth, and Christoph Finkensiep. A more detailed description and the schedule can be found on our website:

https://dcml.epfl.ch/dcml-workshop-series/dcml-workshop-2018/

We would be most grateful if you could forward this link to interested students and colleagues of yours. Please note that we will grant some student bursaries covering travel and accommodation expenses up to 550 CHF (three nights). Students and PhD students can apply for such a bursary by sending us their CV and a short motivation letter (1-2 pages) by September 4 ([log in to unmask]). We will notify the applicants by September 6.