I wonder if this'll suddenly mean people revisit and apply schema.org to get their datasets listed?

We've been thinking about the API / data dump issue (without necessarily being in a position to do much about it). Some of the files available for download from data.bl.uk are a couple of hundred gigabytes. They're not easily divisible (even if we had the resources) because it's hard to predict divisions that make sense for most users. Offering people the option to filter and preview a dataset via an API before downloading it would be useful here, but is that a strong enough use case for an API?

Cheers,

Mia

Check out my book! http://bit.ly/CrowdsourcingOurCulturalHeritage
P.S. I mostly use this address for list mail and don't check it daily