Re: Collecting visitor data Tony,

I would not disagree with a word of what you say.  The reality, however - as I am sure you very well know, is that very few funders will pay for proper, scientific, audience research and project evaluation.  So the established practice is that most museums do what they can with limited resources, and funders deem themselves to be satisfied with this because they either don't know any better - or know that if they asked for more.better they could only get that by paying for it.

Would I like to see the social scientists get together and apply pressure for a proper scientific approach and the funding to go with it?  Yes, of course.  Do I think that is going to happen any time soon?  No.

Bob Clark
Director
The Auchindrain Trust
mailto:[log in to unmask]