From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 September 2018 12:17
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ALDinHE Conference 2019 Call for Papers

ALDinHE 2019: The Learning Development Conference

University of Exeter

15th-17th April 2019

Join us in Exeter for three days of stimulating discussion, inspiring sessions, and even a cream tea or two!

This year we have three broad strands we encourage you to consider aligning with:

  *   The theory and practice of Learning Development
  *   Leadership and Management in Learning Development
  *   Critical and innovative Learning Development practices

We particularly welcome collaborative proposals between institutions or between organisations. You may choose to submit a proposal for a workshop, paper presentation, lightning talk, poster or resource swap shop. Details may be found on the conference webpage: http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/conference2019

The deadline for proposals is Monday 12th November 2018.

The conference will offer plenty of CPD opportunities, including research development, HEA Fellowship and CeP/CeLP guidance, and updates from our programme of regional events.

Our keynote speakers this year are Professor Shan Wareing of London South Bank University and Dr Liz Morrish, independent.

We are introducing some new initiatives for 2019:

  *   a buddy scheme for those attending their first conference. You'll have an opportunity when you register to tell us if you would like a conference buddy, or if you would like to be a buddy yourself.
  *   a resource swap shop which will take place on the Monday afternoon. We invite you to bring along your favourite Learning Development resource or teaching idea to share with colleagues
  *   In 2019 the ALDinHE conference will be going paperless for the first time! Watch out for further details on how you can access all the delegate information you need.

Finally, we will once again be opening a fee waiver scheme for those whose institutions will not fund the cost of a conference place. These will be on an application-only basis. Further details will follow separately.

The ALDinHE conference is a supportive and welcoming environment that promotes creative collaboration between learning developers and is always popular, with a regular attendance of around 150 delegates from the UK and beyond.

We look forward to receiving your proposals.

Katharine Stapleford, on behalf of the Conference Working Group

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://disclaimer.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.html