From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lene Ottesen
Sent: Freitag, 7. September 2018 08:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [lis-e-resources] Privacy and Authentication in E-Resources

Dear Amelia and everyone,

Thanks for bringing this up.

I am dealing with a couple of similar cases at the moment and I have to admit that I did not give it much thought until I had to involve our IT department. They raised issues around GDPR, intervening that we cannot exchange information about names and e-mail addresses without a data processor agreement (one case involved setting up a single-sign-on solution, like Shibboleth, but I would think that the implications are the same when users have to register individual accounts to be able to access a resource). The issue is sent to our legal experts for clarification, but I would love to hear if anyone has had similar discussions at their institution.

Hilsen/kind regards, Lene

Lene Ottesen
Senior librarian
UiT The arctic university of Norway