Dear all,

The Zooarchaeology Team of the University of Sheffield (United Kingdom) would like to inform you that our two zooarchaeology short courses will run next January 2019. For registration please see the links below.

Details:

·         Understanding Zooarchaeology I (14th-16th January 2019): this course is directed to students, professionals and enthusiasts who want to discover the fascinating and stimulating world of animal remains recovered from archaeological sites. Please note that this course does not require any previous knowledge of zooarchaeology.

The teaching will be delivered through short lectures and hands-on practical activities.

·         Understanding Zooarchaeology II (17th-19th January 2019): this course is directed to professionals, students and enthusiasts who already have a basic knowledge of zooarchaeology and want to learn more. The course represents a great opportunity to have a more complete experience of the whole range of knowledge and skills required by zooarchaeology.

The teaching will be delivered through short lectures and hands-on practical activities.

Prices:

£ 200 (waged)

£ 140 (student/unwaged)

£350 (waged) for booking UZI and UZII together

£240 (student/unwaged) for booking UZI and UZII together

You can contact us at: zooarch-shortcourse@sheffield.ac.uk

For further information, please see:

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/archaeology/research/zooarchaeology-lab/short-course

Follow us on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/Sheffield-Zooarchaeology-Short-Course-100619023380021/?ref=hl

Follow us on Twitter at:

https://twitter.com/ZooarchLabSheff

This course is not aimed at professional and/or experienced zooarchaeologists. We would be grateful if you could spread the news, as you may know of people who may be interested. Please also note that this course is not run for profit but as educational tools. If any income is generated it is reused to enhance our facilities, which are fully available for the use of the general public, at no charge.

With best wishes,

The Sheffield Zooarchaeology Team

*** Apologies for cross-posting***

--
Veronica Aniceti
PhD student, Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield,Northgate House, West Street, Sheffield S1 4ET, UK.

For MSc in Osteoarchaeology see:
For Zooarchaeology short courses see: