Dear All,

I'm pleased to announce the launch of the Disaster and Emergency Research Network (DERN).

Disasters and emergencies are some of the most destabilizing events society can experience, and they have implications for central questions of interest to Political Science and the Social Sciences more broadly. Disasters highlight a precise moment in time that generate a shared experience and can be examined as focusing events.

Members of DERN are researchers, policy makers, and practitioners interested in using disasters to interrogate questions related to identity, behavior, and institutions. Methodologically, we employ experiments, predictive modeling, observational analysis, and qualitative investigations to study related to crime and trafficking, resilience, climate change adaptation and mitigation, hazards and resource governance, emergency management, conflict, voting behavior, environmental politics, international development, energy, human rights, justice, and policy making. Our members come from Social, Natural, Physical, and Engineering Sciences, as well as Humanities and the Arts. Our aim is to share new and cutting-edge work, help increase the visibility of our field, publicize events, and create collaborations for projects, grants, research papers, presentations, conferences, special issues, and more.

We invite all interested scholars, funders, practitioners, administrators, and policy makers to join us in sharing expertise and strengthening our ability to learn from these critical moments in time. Joining DERN is free and easy. Just click here to join the Disaster and Emergency Research Network today: http://dern.essex.ac.uk/join-dern/

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at:  dern[log in to unmask]. Membership is free.

Thank you, and apologies for cross-postings. We hope to see you soon!

DERN TEAM

Check out our upcoming special issues in Social Science Quarterly and Local Government Studies!!

Dr Gina Yannitell Reinhardt PhD
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer
Programme Evaluation Director, Catalyst Project
Department of Government, University of Essex

T +44 (0)1206 872648
https://www1.essex.ac.uk/government/staff/profile.aspx?ID=4549
 www.ginareinhardt.com
https://gsan.essex.ac.uk
https://dern.essex.ac.uk

To unsubscribe from the GSP-STUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GSP-STUDIES&A=1