Hi Mandy

Unfortunately you must get the student’s consent irrespective of how many you are going to apply for – you can get the consent via email as long as the student states that they clearly understand that the mark may go up, go down or stay the same (JCQ have suggested wording).

Regards

Lorna

Sent: 03 September 2018 09:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re-marks

Hello Everyone

I am looking for some advice regarding the GCSE re-marks and I am turning to my Exams Community, we are going to ask for re-marks for students are very close to achieving a grade 4, this is a significant number of students.  It has always been my understanding that in order to apply for a re-mark the student must sign a declaration stating that they understand their marks may go down.  We know that their grade won’t go down as they are so close to the next grade.  Is there any way I can apply for the re-marks without the student’s declaration?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mandy

Mandy Ogden
Examinations Officer
Doncaster College and University Centre
Registry | The Hub | Chappell Drive | Doncaster | DN1 2RF
T: 01302 553524

http://www.don.ac.uk

Doncaster College and University Centre

Doncaster College is an operating division of DN Colleges Group, a Further Education Corporation

To unsubscribe from the FE-EXAMS-NETWORK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=FE-EXAMS-NETWORK&A=1