Please distribute this CFP to your mailing list.

Please forgive cross posting!

The EU H2020 MAZI project is concluding at the end of 2018.

To mark the occasion we are inviting you to join us at Summerhall in Edinburgh for these FREE public events as we celebrate our achievements, share our stories and the lessons we learned, and perhaps most importantly, to discuss what should happen next.

Free registration: Drinks Reception 17.00-19.00  Thursday 18 October

Free registration: Symposium 10.00-17.00 Thursday 18 October

Free registration: Workshops / hackathons – (for coders) Half-days 16 and/or 17 October

Free registration: Workshops / hackathons – (community engagement, non-coders) Half-days 16 and/or 17 October

Full details on the project website

Themes: #WiFi-networking  #RaspberryPi  #DigitalArts  #CommunityEngagement  #Making-Hacking #Education

……………………………

18 October  2018 : Symposium with speakers and case study presentations.

Do-It-Yourself Technologies for Action and Empowerment:

Stories, practice and perspectives

MAZI means “together” in Greek. The Mazi project is developing a toolkit for building local, community wireless networks, using Raspberry Pi technology: MAZI Zones. We call this alternative technology Do-It-Yourself networking. It combines wireless technology, low-cost hardware, and free/libre/open source software (FLOSS) applications. MAZI Zones will be easily deployed and configured based on a rich set of customization options and interdisciplinary knowledge. The symposium will present case studies from our pilot studies in Berlin, Zurich, London and northern Greece, along with talks by invited speakers. Building on the context of our own MAZI experiences, we will broaden out the debate with perspectives from outside the project.

Speakers include:

……………………………

16-17 October 2018 : Afternoon hands-on workshops (attend one or both sessions)

The half-day workshops will provide “hands-on” opportunities to try out the MAZI DIY networking toolkit, based around the Raspberry Pi. The workshops will be divided into two groups:

……………………………

The MAZI EU H2020 project partners are:

Ingi Helgason, Centre for Interaction Design, Edinburgh Napier University

MAZI: DIY networking (EU CAPS H2020)

ENSEMBLE: Performing Together Apart (AHRC Immersive Experiences)

https://www.napier.ac.uk/people/ingi-helgason

This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee you must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please respond to the sender and ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are deleted.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Emails entering Edinburgh Napier University's system are subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Edinburgh Napier University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373

To unsubscribe from the DRS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DRS&A=1