Good morning.

Please share:

Re: Social media companies and Government have failed disabled people.

"To ensure the views of disabled people are heard, the Committee have
launched a consultation on their draft recommendations for action".

It seems that the Petitions Committee are concerned regarding the online
abuse of disabled people.

<https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select
/petitions-committee/news-parliament-2017/online-abuse-recommendation-report
-published-17-19/>
https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/
petitions-committee/news-parliament-2017/online-abuse-recommendation-report-
published-17-19/

It's a pity the Committee didn't tell disabled people about their
consultation. This link was just found online and is dated 3rd August.

Let's see how long it takes them to learn that if a UK government spends
every possible opportunity demonising sick and disabled benefit claimants
then there will be human consequences.  Perhaps someone should drop IDS a
line.?

Best

Mo

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that
matter."

Martin Luther-King Jr

Mo Stewart

Disability studies researcher

Author of 'Cash Not Care: the planned demolition of the UK welfare state'.
New Generation Publishing 2016

 <https://www.mostewartresearch.co.uk> https://www.mostewartresearch.co.uk

 <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mo_Stewart/publications>
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mo_Stewart/publications

*** The contents of this email are intended for the recipient only and may
be confidential. Permission is not given for this information to be
published, forwarded or distributed further. ***