The Archives and Records Association is pleased to confirm that selected videos from the #ARA2018 Glasgow annual conference are now available online and free for anyone to view. There are no charges for any of the videos for anybody.

Please follow this link http://conference.archives.org.uk/glasgow-2018-presentation-videos#clip=2x9f46m8liww to access the list of videos available and the videos.

We hope that this will help stimulate wider and ongoing discussion on the issues raised. So, if you were at Conference and wanted to be at two overlapping sessions, now’s your chance to see the one you missed. Similarly, click the link above if you want to refresh your memory about a session you attended. And if you were unable to attend Conference but wanted to some snippets of what everyone was talking about, you can now get a feel for it yourself.

The ARA Conference in Glasgow in August 2018 was both the best-attended conference ever and arguably the most open and challenging. We tackled a huge range of issues around People in Records, People Using Records and People Looking After Records.

We will be revisiting some of the challenges thrown down in Glasgow and checking on progress made when we re-assemble for the 2019 ARA Annual Conference, which will be held at the Queens Hotel, Leeds from 28 August to 30 August 2019. The theme(s) and call for papers will issue around the beginning of November 2018. Do please make a note in your diaries and consider submitting a proposal to speak. Look out also for details of the programme and ‘early bird’ offers from around February 2019.

In the meantime, to refresh your memory or catch up on sessions you may have missed in Glasgow, check out the Video pages via the above link.

We have also made the Manchester 2017 conference videos freely available and they can be accessed here-

http://conference.archives.org.uk/manchester-2017-presentation-videos#clip=25c7c7s0w90k

---

Conference Committee

Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland)

www.archives.org.uk

www.learnaboutarchives.ie

www.communityarchives.org.uk

ARA Annual Conference 2018

Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

29 August – 31 August

Prioryfield House

20 Canon Street

Taunton

Somerset

TA1 1SW

The Information contained in this email is confidential. It is for the

exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and not for circulating

without agreement. If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are

hereby notified that any circulation or copying of this email is

strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed may be those of the

individual and not necessarily the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland).

Charity Registered in England and Wales Number 1041063

Charity Registered in Scotland Number SC041671

Registered Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales Number 2969472

Registered Office: Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate 1, Blackbrook

Business Park, Taunton, Somerset TA1 2PX

To unsubscribe from the DIGITAL-PRESERVATION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITAL-PRESERVATION&A=1