Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply. I am pleased the discuss the issue.

Our hypothesis is, to ensure the trustworthiness by preserving the core attributes of the records as a metadata. These attributes are derived from diplomatic features of the records like that creator, author, context, structure and content. We think that, if we preserve the context of the record, by encapsulating these features as a metadata, from the beginning of the creation, we can ensure the trustworthiness. Regarding this question, we should examine how we can do it?

Our colleague Euan Cochrane stated emulation can be the best way, then I did ask him, if there is any archival institution doing emulation of EDRMS, then we decided to ask our colleagues via e-mail lists.

Many of our colleagues stated, emulation is expensive and it do not guarentee the integrity, authenticitiy and reliability of the records from beginning of the creation up to date.

As you mention using audit trails as a trustworthiness evaluation, we are working on it how we can do it with precious scholar Dr. Bahattin Yalcinkaya from Marmara University. I think you know the standard of ISO 17068:2017 brings some criteria for the trusted third party repositories but I did not encounter any study about it. We will be pleased to study on this issue together after my PhD.

Best wishes

Özhan