I'm not an expert in this direct area, but it strikes me that you have a few
considerations.

Firstly an artistic work will remain an artistic work even if used for
marketing. The Mona Lisa and Sunflowers are two works of art that have been
used extensively in marketing, but they are still works of art. However, do
they fit the term artistic in the context of DP law, is an interesting one.
See below.

Secondly, I would say that an Instagram photo is highly likely to be
artistic - Let's face it, it's not the medium/system used it's about the
composition.

Thirdly, my main concern on this would be the member of the public. Unless
you can claim some journalistic exemption, then you will have to make sure
that they have consent to their image being used. I worked with a guy whose
image was used in a major advertising campaign without his consent back in
about 2002. The company was (is) a household name. He won his case.

Artistic or not, once it's in the marketing realm, I would say it loses
journalistic and artistic rights under DP.

I am sure others may feel differently.

Simon Howarth.