Colleagues,

I need to ask a favour. I have a research project which is examining the diffusion and attenuation of contaminants in landfill leachate through compacted clays and recycled waste materials over extended timescales. We have a range of clay samples (kindly arranged through contacts on this forum) obtained from coring and waste disposal sites which need to be prepared for the experiments. Specifically, we need to mill 300Kg of these clays (currently in blocky/aggregate form) to a fine powder to prepare column experiments. However, we are struggling to find a suitable ball mill or similar clay grinding apparatus which can be used to reduce the clay samples to powder for this purpose.

If anyone can help us directly or provide the name of a person / organisation (e.g. contractor or company offering this service) we can contact to arrange this, please do get in touch. Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Steve Thornton
Professor in Environmental Engineering Science
Groundwater Protection and Restoration Group
Dept of Civil & Structural Engineering
University of Sheffield
Broad Lane
Sheffield S3 7HQ
UK

Tel : 44 (0) 114 222 5744
Mobile : 07855  074692
Fax : 44 (0) 114 222 5701

To unsubscribe from the CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES&A=1