Hi Marin

I was about to comment on that too but then I realised that Pavel is referring to the map _contours_  (which is what most people using a map visualisation program like Coot actually see).  So the contoured map does represent an iso-potential surface.  I'm sure Pavel is aware that the original cryo-EM maps are 3-dimensional objects.

Cheers

-- Ian