bernstein = satire of closure
prynne = parody of closure
new sentence = rejection of closure

I'm going with it!

Luke

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 10:07, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
satirizing its own unsuccessful movement toward a single envisionment of the whole = a parody of closure?

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 09:38, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

I was looking at The White Stones again. I'm not at all saying it isn't importantly hermetic, but wondered if much of what I am getting from it is each poem's satirizing its own unsuccessful movement toward a single envisionment of the whole. I was thinking of that as the complete opposite of the new sentence, that those sentences cohere into a genuine thematic unity amd don't say anything; this might make the whole incomplete and potentially composed of many envisionment ("open").

Does that make sense / am I onto anything with that line of thought?

Luke

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1