these papers I wrote about 12 years ago cover some of these questions about centrality and Euclidean distance being used to weight axial lines and a more recent one from last year. Here are the web links

http://www.wholesem.ac.uk/bartlett/casa/publications/working-paper-75

http://www.wholesem.ac.uk/bartlett/casa/publications/working-paper-80

and last years

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/casa/case-studies/2017/feb/casa-working-paper-208

Mike Batty

Professor Michael Batty CBE FRS FBA FRTPI
Chairman, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA)
University College London
90 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 4TJ
Tel 44-(0)20 3108 3877 Cell 44-(0)7768 423 656
t @jmichaelbatty