Dear SEDA colleagues,

Some of you may have spotted that I'm running a session at the recently publicised SRHE event on 11th October, titled 'From classroom exploration to pedagogical research: how can academics develop as HE pedagogical researchers?'

I'd really like to illustrate the session with examples from across the sector, so this is a call for information or mini-case studies on how academics (and/or students) from across the various disciplines are supported to develop as pedagogic researchers in your institution. E.g. Postgrad cert modules, workshops, mentoring, co-researching with more experienced colleagues, internally funded (and supported) projects that have a research element, publication opportunities in in-house journals...

If you have any examples of how someone (maybe you!) started small with 'explorations' and experimentation and went on to develop more rigorous approaches that were publishable in reputable journals for REF (or equivalent outside the UK) that would fantastic.

Please reply direct to me rather than the whole list.

Many thanks
Corony

Corony Edwards PFHEA
Independent HE Consultant