From: To exchange information and views on the life and work of Rudyard Kipling <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Mike Kipling <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 05 August 2018 00:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The Limitations of Knowledge

Does anyone know whether the poem ‘The Limitations of Knowledge’, printed in both the very first edition of the KJ and repeated in the 75th anniversary edition (No. 301) is generally accepted to have been by Kipling? In particular, is it included in Pinney’s three volumes (which I must acquire) or any other collections?

I ask, as it is actually true that Dr Parker’s wife was a distant relation of Kipling, her mother being a Kipling by birth (read either article to understand). As this link has only been proven in recent years by DNA testing, Dr Parker was almost certainly simply assuming that all Kiplings were related.

Dr Parker’s wife was actually my second cousin three times removed.

Mike Kipling