Hi all,

*Bristol Science Film Festival is taking place 11th-19th August (next
week!)*

Full event listings and tickets are here:
https://brisscifilm.wordpress.com/eventsdiary2018/

*Short Science Film Competition events - FREE*
The core of the film festival is a short science film competition! We'll be
showcasing some of our favourites from the 2016 and 2017 competitions at
four locations around central Bristol on Saturday 11th August. On Sunday
19th August, you can see this year's competition shortlist on the Big
Screen on Millennium Square.

We also have two ticketed events (£4/£3 for each event) at the Bristol
Improv Theatre
*Tuesday 14th August - Rick and Morty Science*
*Wubba lubba dub dub! Rick Sanchez may be one of the greatest fictional
scientific minds, but do out of this world experiments have any real world
grounding? Join Ellie and Paul as they explore the science of a fan
favourite episode, Pickle Rick. It’s sure to be more exciting than a fight
between a pickle and a jaguar.*

*Thursday 16th August - Bad Science - Deep Blue Sea*
*In this fun filled fin fest a team of scientists must face off against a
group of super intelligent killer sharks. Expect lots of water, explosions
and of course some very questionable science. Once again our panelists will
be facing off to either slate or defend the film. Will picking on its
science be like shooting fish in a barrel or will the jaw chomping fun give
it oceans of support?*

It would be great to see some fellow science communicators there!

Best,

Katherine

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212