Clive Sneddon says the first complete Anglo-Norman bible is attested to 1361, but the translation may date to as early as 1300. (New Cambridge History of the Bible, CUP 2012, p. 265)

Frans van Liere

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Bob Peckham
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Anglo-Norman Bible

With much thanks for your previous assistance on the history of the Bible, I would like to ask another question. Is there evidence of or a manuscript of a whole-bible translation into Anglo-Norman, predating the first Wycliffe translation into English (1382)?

TBob Peckham, PhD

Professor of French Emeritus
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion