A colleague is puzzling over a fragment of a fresco of the Virgin Mary and
(probably) Christ. Over Mary is written horizontally S (abbrev sign over)
MARI (abbrev sign over) for SANCTA MARIA, and then vertically under the S
the following letters:  I H L TF (conjoined = some form of tuus filius?).
Then XP, then probably X. Perhaps the S is meant to be read as part of the
sequence.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to interpret these letters? -- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3267 4804  |  mobile: 044 882 4996