**Apologies for cross-posting**

Nearly the last reminder! We still have a few places left... come along to the CIGS AGM and have an afternoon with like-minded metadata people!

CIG Scotland AGM 2018

The Cataloguing & Indexing Group in Scotland warmly invites you to its 2018 Annual General Meeting, which will take place at Kelvin Hall in Glasgow on Friday 17th of August.

If you are interested in joining the committee, or wish to raise items for the agenda, please contact CIGS Secretary, Eilidh MacGlone at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Post AGM seminar: SCURL Survey of Bibliographic Record Supply – review & tips

We are delighted to welcome Alasdair MacDonald from Edinburgh University Library to talk at this year’s AGM.  Alasdair will present the results of the SCURL Metadata Group’s recent survey of bibliographic record supply across libraries in Scotland.   This will include looking at strategies used by libraries to improve the quality of the records they receive, and consider how we can share best practice in this important area within Scotland and wider afield.  Alasdair is Metadata Co-ordinator at Edinburgh University Library, as well as being a member of the SCURL Metadata Group, acting Vice Chair for CIG Scotland, and involved in the NBK Data Community subgroups.

A guided tour of the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive<https://www.nls.uk/using-the-library/kelvin-hall> will also be available to attendees after the AGM and Alasdair’s talk. Please select at registration so we can plan for numbers.

Registration

Both the AGM and seminar are free and open to members and non-members, but registration is required.   You can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cig-scotland-agm-2018-tickets-47422638388

CIG Scotland AGM 2018<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cig-scotland-agm-2018-tickets-47422638388>
www.eventbrite.com