Hello All,

Im currently working for a public library service  in Australia drafting their 5-year strategy and smoothing out some of their customer processes/ UX.

Im keen to hear from you about what ID you require of new members and if you have relaxed the requirement , what were the impacts on overdue material numbers and/or participation/membership rates.

I am very happy to share the results with the group after anonymising.

I have also offered to help them with a business case to remove overdue charges and would be interested to hear from any of you who have gone with this and what the impacts were. When I was library/ arts manager in Sydney I did this after showing that it was not cost-effective to collect the charges. I am hoping this business case can be made freely available to help other library services ascertain whether collection of overdues is cost-effective for them.

Thanks in advance,

Fi

Fiona Emberton

Embervision

0416057702 (Aus.)

07787144562 (UK)

linkedin.com/in/fiemberton

cid:image001.png@01D2E5DD.37F60990

To unsubscribe from the LIS-PUB-LIBS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-PUB-LIBS&A=1