We have no limit on the number of items staff can order, although we do check to see if it's actually cheaper to purchase rather than borrow.

We do allow renewals (BL does them automatically), but we also keep an eye on how many times ILLs get renewed as it might be cheaper to purchase rather than keep renewing.

We send out overdue notices/emails 3 times per week, but as our library is relatively small it's easier for us to keep an eye on the "bad guys".

Kind regards
Sue

Sue Barrett
Lead Library Assistant - Bibliographic Services & Inter-Library Loans
Hobson Library, Joint Services Command and Staff College
Serco UK Central Government, Defence
Defence Academy of the UK, Shrivenham, Swindon SN6 8LA

T: +44 (0)1793 788237
M: 96161 8237

www.serco.com<https://www.serco.com/>

[Serco-logo]