Hello, I hope you’re having a good summer. Apologies for cross-posting this!

This autumn, Wolters Kluwer Health will be continuing its popular series of WebEx presentations on new trends in electronic teaching, research and practice resources: open to everyone and completely free of charge.

Future sessions will cover such hot topics as pharmacovigilance, technology in epidemic monitoring, and an update of our most popular session from 2017: on the use of digital resources and augmented reality in anatomy education

For our first session though - at the start of the new academic year - we’ll be looking at machine learning and artificial intelligence. Both in medical education and at the point-of-care. Particularly using the example of the clinical decision support system VisualDx

Some more details and some recent news stories about VisualDx are below.

About VisualDx

VisualDx is an award-winning diagnostic clinical decision support system that has become the standard electronic resource at more than half of U.S. medical schools and more than 1,500 hospitals and institutions nationwide.  VisualDx combines clinical search with the world's best medical image library, plus medical knowledge from experts to help with diagnosis, treatment, self-education, and patient communication. Expanding to provide diagnostic decision support across General Medicine, the new VisualDx brings increased speed and accuracy to the art of diagnosis. Learn more at www.visualdx.com.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/visualdx-machine-learning-app-for-skin-diagnosis-ceo-interview-2017-11

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/visualdx-transformational-artificial-intelligence-app-171200372.html

If you’d like to know more, please register using the links below. We do hope you can join us for what promises to be an exciting and informative session.

Kind regards

James

Ovid Webinar Series – Autumn 2018 – VisualDx

Session 1: Tuesday, 11th September 2018, 11:00-11:50 am.

Please click < here >  to register for the morning session.

Session 2: Tuesday, 11th September 2018, 2:30 – 3.20 pm.

Please click < here >  to register for the afternoon session.

……………………………………………………

James Kenney
Regional Manager:

Scotland, Wales & north of England

Health Learning, Research & Practice

Wolters Kluwer

Citi Building,

41st Floor,

25 Canada Square,

London, E14 5LQ

0203 197 6548 Direct Line

07793 060 398 Mobile

0203 197 6501
Fax

www.ovid.com

www.wolterskluwerhealth.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information of the sender. The information is intended only for the use by the direct addressees of the original sender of this email. If you are not an intended recipient of the original sender (or responsible for delivering the message to such person), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance of the contents of and attachments to this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender at the address shown herein and permanently delete any copies of this email (digital or paper) in your possession.

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG