Hi,

We have a tool specifically for this: img2stdcoord
It will work with either matrices (for linear registration) or warp fields (for non-linear registration).

If you have used non-linear registration then you must use the highres2standard_warp file, but you do not need to use the matrix file (as that is already encoded in the warp file).  The applywarp command you've used will only apply the linear transformation that is used to initialise the non-linear transformation.  It will look approximately right, but should not be as accurate as the non-linear result.

For more details on img2stdcoord see:
https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FLIRT/UserGuide?highlight=%28img2stdcoord%29#img2stdcoord

All the best,
Mark