For the case you describe, it seems to be you'd compute the differences between the sessions, and these differences would be the inputs (or "modalities"), and with a single design, which is the same case that Qasim has.

All the best,

Anderson

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 at 10:50, melanni nanni <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

I have a similar design but instead of 4 groups  I have only 2 (and 3 session per subject), I was wondered which modality of NPC would be feasible, only one modality with multiple designs or multiple modalities with one design?

Thanks

De: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> en nombre de Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]>
Enviado: sábado, 30 de junio de 2018 05:41 p. m.
Para: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: Re: [FSL] Design Matrix with 4 groups and 3 sessions in fsl randomise

Hi Qasim,

There's information on NPC at this link: https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/PALM/JointInference
Combining functions. The joint null hypothesis of the NPC is that the null hypotheses for all partial tests are true, and the alternative is that any is false (that is, the same as a union-intersection test, UIT).

In short: if you had just one test for a difference (say, post-pre), you'd compute such differences and run the 1 factor x 4 levels between-subjects ANOVA. This test can be repeated two more times, for the other differences (3 tests overall). NPC combines these 3 tests into a single, joint inference, that is more powerful than MANOVA (and MANOVA itself is an alternative over repeated measures ANOVA).

For single tests, randomise (permutation) or FEAT (parametric) can be used. For combination, would need to use PALM then.

All the best,

Anderson