Hi!

I have had a request for ESOL material on themes such as domestic violence,
mental health and FGM and other health and wellbeing subjects. Mainly for
Pre - entry, E1 - E3 level. Does anybody already have materials on this
subject?

The organisation making the request doesn't receive funding to develop ESOL
materials only to provide services. Can you tell me whether there is any
funding support / sponsorship that we could tap into to develop such
material? They often work in partnership with the Police, Public health and
community organisations but very often their workshops / talks do not
support low level learners. They would like to design some materials in
partnership with these organisations to help them to communicate better and
help our 30 women access these services and their information more
effectively. They don't have the financial resources to support the design
of materials and so are looking for further funding to support the time to
design and pilot. They have a fantastic team of 10 volunteers who can help
deliver the learning through these themes. Many thanks.

Gill Searl

Regional ESOL coordinator for the Syrian Resettlement Programme

0788 4433 586

I work flexibly in this role 2 days a week and will get back to you as soon
as possible. If you have an urgent matter, please contact Louise Gooch at
the Strategic Migration Partnership:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
louise.gooch@ eelga.gov.uk

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to