Hi Nadia

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. It will really helpful for me to better advise students.

Helen.

On 29 August 2018 at 17:33, Nadia Michail <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Helen,

I had students with similar difficulties. Lots of my students had to wait 2-3 weeks before they could see their GP, so they could fill in the form. I had GPs refusing to sign the form as they were not aware about the DSA and they thought my students wanted to apply for benefits.

If your students have long term medical conditions and they have regular hospital appointments, ask them to give the form to their consultants. They usually are very good and they are helping the students.

Sometimes I used hospital letters that the students had for evidence. SFE has accepted them. Some other times though they have asked for additional evidence and they sent the students the disability evidence form.

Best wishes,

Nadia

Dr Konstantina (Nadia) Michail

BEd MA PhD