Hi Karen,

I don't know if this is applicable but I run a small software company
called Medincle. As a doctor and along with one of my colleagues we've
developed a number of inclusive software tools to support health science
students with the challenges of bio-medical terminology. Our software is
now widely distributed accross the UK. I wondered if this was something
that might be of interest to your audience given the subject matter.

BW ,
Rich

On 17 August 2018 at 12:33, Karen Devine <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> The BES regularly hosts showcase events that demonstrate new ideas and
> support for those who are teaching across the biological sciences and
> geosciences.  This year our final programme has a strong focus on
> strategies and technologies that support greater inclusivity for students
> who might not otherwise access field teaching.
>

> I appreciate the short notice and you are welcome to register or simply to
> follow along on twitter, get involved from afar or get into touch with any
> questions you might have.
>

> This year we are delighted to be working with the University of Leeds to
> host the EFL showcase on 3rd-4th September 2018.  We have some great
> talks lined up and highlights include:
>

> Dr Graham Scott is our plenary speaker and will open the showcase with the
> importance of choice and ownership in field based learning.
>

> A series of sessions will consider the role of technology, new advances
> and how technology can support inclusivity for students with a range of
> disabilities.
>

> Details about the venue, the programme, catering and accommodation can be
> found on the BES website
> <https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/learning-and-resources/learning-resources/enhancing-fieldwork-learning/>.
> There is still time to register through Eventbrite
> <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/enhancing-fieldwork-learning-showcase-event-2018-tickets-44250833434>
>

> Kind regards
>

> Karen Devine
>
> Head of External Affairs
>
> British Ecological Society
>
> Charles Darwin House.  12 Roger Street, London, WC1N 2JU
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=12+Roger+Street,+London,+WC1N+2JU&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> Direct:  Mob: 075 1592 3858
>
> Direct line ( Mondays and Tuesday)  020 7685 2511
>
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/BritishEcolSoc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw> /
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/BritishEcolSoc> / Instagram
> <https://www.instagram.com/britishecolsoc/>
>
> Become a member
> <https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/portal-register/becoming-bes-member/>
>
> Get involved <http://britishecologicalsociety.org/membership-community/>
>

> [image: BES_Annual_Meeting_2018_Landscape_Logo SMALL]
>

> *Our vision: a world inspired, informed and influenced by ecology*
>

> We are Europe's largest ecological society, in terms of membership,
> services and activities. Our members are central to our work in science and
> outreach; through them we represent not only ecologists, but the science of
> ecology as well.

*Dr Richard Purcell*

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in
error or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this email is
strictly forbidden. This email may utilise tracking devices, for example
cookies and web beacons.