Ј屔ͼast-language:EN-US">

Now, I don’t agree with this line, but this is the challenge from an applicant that I am facing. They are insisting that because they gave social service confidential information they cannot use it without his consent.  The argument is that we can use it under the lawful basis of public task A6 and social care A9. They disagree. They say that without consent you cannot use my confidential information. They argue that disclosure is the same as someone else using their data other than the person they gave the information to.

Best,

Lawrence

Lawrence Serewicz

Information and Records Manager

Transformation and Partnerships

Durham County Council

County Hall

Room 143-148 4th Floor

Durham

County Durham

DH1 5UF

Direct 03000 268 038

Switchboard 03000 26 0000

www.durham.gov.uk

Follow us on Twitter @durhamcouncil

Like us at facebook.com/durhamcouncil

Follow us on linkedin.com/company/durham-county-council

Customer Notice

We have recently updated our terms and conditions for all our services, including making some important updates to our privacy notices. To find out more about how we collect, use, share and retain your personal data, visit: www.durham.gov.uk/dataprivacy

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]