From: Ogilvie, Kirstie <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, 03 August 2018 10:03
To: 'Peter Fleming' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Is ignorance an excuse?

[cid:image001.png@01D42B12.00AD7380]

Uncertainty is present within every decision. If the analysis proves incorrect , then that would be an issue for the laboratory involved to prove all correct procedures were followed. The person who has disposed of he waste in accordance with the reasonable procedures can't be reasonably held liable but that's one for the lawyers to argue over. Liability is not so black and white, when lawyers are involved.

There was a case down south somewhere a number of year ago, where a laboratory did falsify  results and was found guilty in court. Others will be able to provide details as the lab was small scale independent and I cant recall the name properly, so don't want to name a blameless company.

All incidents were the laboratory had been involved with was reviewed. If we suspect we have 'misreporting' of results in any site investigation submitted to us we will call the lab and speak to them direct about the sampling. They are only to happy to oblige as its their reputation, they are defending,

Kirstie